Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chimichurri Sauce

Last night I went to a class all about beef. I didn't like anything. I am shying away from the red meat I think. I did however get excited about something ON the flank steak: chimichurri sauce. Or really a spiced parsley sauce. The other name I stayed away from because I pictured hot and red sauce. It does have some heat but remember you control the heat by the amount you put in the sauce AND limiting the seeds and ribs of the pepper. I don't like heat, so I get rid of all the seeds and remove the ribs. This sauce made me want to lick the plate. I could see making a salad dressing out of this. So my herb of the week is parsley!!
Chimichurri sauce:
3 garlic cloves minced fine
1 jalapeno stemmed, seeded and finely chopped (wear gloves if needed)
1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 olive oil (infuse slowly don't add all at once)
1/4 tsp. salt
Mince garlic and jalapeno in a food processor, add oregano and parsley - pulse to fine chop. Add everything else and process until smooth. Pour over steaks...or in your mouth, or on your salad or on a plate and just lick it!Enjoy!